AddThis

Share |

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Movie Review: Disconnect

 
 
Disconnect is a story about three families struggling to remain connected (partially due to technology). It has several stars including Paula Patton, Alexander Skarsgard, Jason Bateman, Hope Davis, and Michael Nyqvist.  Stories that are truly multiple stories in one such as Disconnect can be a little confusing. Each story was connected rather seamlessly. I felt that the film was really well done. Disconnect is not a feel good movie. It’s dark, it’s sad and it’s real. My only problem with the film was Alexander Skarsgard’s character’s decision to go a little bit further than perhaps most people would have to solve his problems. I don’t want to give the film away but if you are interested in some good drama then I suggest it. There aren’t any pyrotechnics or 3D animation. It’s refreshing to see a film that really focuses on the actors and the characters they portray.
Now, onto a rant about the implied topic of the film which is that technology is having an adverse effect on our lives. I understand where people who argue this point are coming from, however, I don’t fully agree with it. I love technology, blogging, television, music, you name it. I even worked online as a teacher prior to transitioning into the health field. People need to manage their use of technology or else it can and will take over their lives. It’s that simple. Technology is like any other hobby that people indulge in. Even though technology is big part of my life, it’s not all that I do and I don’t let it negatively impact me either. That’s enough about that! I give Disconnect 4.5 out of 5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!