AddThis

Share |

Friday, July 19, 2013

What Does It Take?


What Does It take to succeed? What does it take to have your dreams come true? About three weeks ago I was homeless and living in a shelter in New York City. I followed my dream and my heart about coming to New York two years ago. To say I’ve had my ups and downs since I’ve been here would be an understatement. I’m no stranger to struggle but my financial hardships have been particularly difficult to overcome. I am now living in my own studio apartment and just started a new job last week. To be honest I am still concerned about how I’m going to pay the rent next month but I’m working on it and I’m here to stay. For me, it has taken vision, faith, and perseverance to succeed. I believe I’ve blogged this video before but I wanted to post it again:



Even though I am at the beginning of a new journey, my story is already being used to inspire people. Now that I am settled, I hope to be more inspirational to people on this blog. This blog is about reviews but it’s also about what’s possible. I’ve been through so much; it would be a shame for me not to help. My next goal is to get a camera by next month so that I can add my own videos to my sites. It’s been such a pleasure to see the growth in this blog since I recommitted myself to it. Although things have been shaky in my personal life during the last 5 months, I’m still happy to have kept up with this blog as best I can in addition to my other blogging project and look forward to doing more now that my life is stabilizing. The most important thing is not stopping. The moment you stop is the moment you stop learning and growing. Life is precious, live it wisely.

Warmth,

Kimmy B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!