AddThis

Share |

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel-Book Review




A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life 

I've been binging on pop fiction for a minute and it's actually been a while since I've read any nonfiction books. In between Fifty Shades of Grey I actually managed to read two non fiction books and was actually pleasantly surprised by Bethenny Frankel's A Place of Yes. Some books just come into my life at the perfect time and this is one of those books. I spent all of last year becoming more conscious of each lesson she shares in this book. I love her stories and she has definitely given me perspective on my life. I am just now getting comfortable with "where I am" at 27 years old and if there is anything I have learned from this book it's that I'm not behind schedule and actually have a lot more life to accomplish everything I want to. For the first 27 years of my life I was figuring it out and now I am at the beginning stages of living my dreams and finally living my life on my terms. This is actually the first time I am experiencing this in my life and I'm very excited. Here's what I loved about this book: 

-She talks about not taking no for an answer. She literally talks about this but metaphorically I think the same rule applies. Don't settle for anything that isn't right. Many of the stories she used to highlight this point reminded me of the importance of following and listening to your gut. 

-She's candid. So many people gloss over the embarrassing or less than perfect moments in their life. She dives head first into what she's experienced and what she's learned. It's amazing how someone's life can seem like a movie. Her live really does sound like a movie complete with all the ups and downs that many of us experience at some point.

-I don't know if I have have a favorite chapter but chapter 2, finding your truth is very important. I spend a lot of time considering what I want so that the next few years are lived consciously and in perfect alignment with this vision. Because I live my truth I no longer have to wake up in the morning asking why things aren't how I think they should be. Knowing you truth is about being accountable to yourself. If something isn't how you want it to be, you know why that is and how to fix it when you are aware of your truth.

I suggest this book if you need direction in your life and want to read version 1 of an incredible story that's still in the making. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!