AddThis

Share |

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Overcoming Obstacles and Coming Out Ahead


I moved to New York almost two years ago (the time is moving really quickly). Living here has been more like a walk in the jungle than a walk in the park but it's been worth it. I'm going to use a recent challenge to illustrate how I overcome challenges and usually come out ahead no matter how shitty my circumstances seem to be.

EFT (also known as tapping) is short for Emotional Freedom Technique. I found out about EFT a few years back and use it to relieve any stress related energy I might be feeling in my body. It works. One thing I've learned about dealing with difficult people is that you can't change them but you can change yourself. EFT is great because it really does help me change my perspective on a situation which in turn usually changes/improves the situation itself.

Now that being said, even though I was able to improve my challenging circumstances, it was clear that it was time for me to go. Being a positive person doesn't mean that you tolerate BS. You do what needs to be done to correct anything in your life that is not in perfect alignment as quickly as possible. Meditation helped me come up with ideas and ultimately attract a much better living arrangement in a week's time.

The funny thing is, I came to the neighborhood I am currently living in a month or so ago and said to myself that someday I would love to live in this neighborhood. Someone who I consider to be an aunty has taken me in and I am learning so much from her. I had to move within a week's time because my roommate was suddenly getting married. I had no place to go and an was in the process of transitioning into a better job in preparation for my inevitable move. Well the move came before I completed everything for my new job but no matter. I am here and I'm happy.

When things like this happen, they strengthen my faith in my spiritual practices and beliefs. I am learning so much from my aunty and am growing so much with her. We really needed eachother right now and didn't even know it until this situation occurred. If you are going through some challenges in your life I highly suggest trying EFT to get a new perspective on your situation and shift any energy that might be preventing you from having some sort or resolution.

I have a month to go before starting my new job and ultimately my new life but I'm so excited. Soon you'll hear me talking about the fruits of my labor and see me accomplish more with this blog!

Kimmy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!