AddThis

Share |

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Review: Lord of the Flies

 
 
Here's to the strangest and most shocking book I have ever read in my life. Lord of the Flies is traditionally a middle school read but I never got around to it and wanted to finally check it out. Every suggestion I have ever had of this book has been good. No one has ever said they did not enjoy reading Lord of the Flies. I was wondering what all the hype was about at first. It took me about 80 pages to finally see the light. This book is short at only 182 pages. I was a little nervous and contemplating putting it down because it was so slow for me at first, but I figured so many people couldn't be wrong about this book and kept picking it up.
 
It may take some time get in to but it's worth it. I don't want to give too much of it away but I will tell you the gist of the story. A group of boys are trapped on an island with no adult supervision. They are left to fend for themselves for a period of time and chaos ensues. This book has a message about human nature that is very interesting to discover as you turn the pages. Somehow it reminds me to be patient with my fellow humans. We all have strengths and weaknesses. We all have some evolving to do. Do I suggest Lord of the Flies by William Golding? Absolutely.
 
Until Next Time!
Kimmy B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!