AddThis

Share |

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Review: Dragon's Oath: A House of Night Novella


Dragon's Oath: A House of Night Novella

Supernatural books are what made me addicted to reading as a child and I have been hooked ever since. I will always be hooked to supernatural books, movies, and television shows. When I saw Dragon's Oath at the library I knew I was going to read it. 

Okay, first impressions...I was a little bored at first. I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the book. Things picked up during the second chapter. It's a really quick read at only 145 pages. You could read it in a day if you have that kind of time. I enjoyed it but I'd say, save this for teenagers unless you're really into supernatural themes like I am. Dragon's Oath is not for kids, it's definitely a PG-13 book. 

What I liked about the story were the gifts and roles that each vampire has in the story. It makes them more three dimensional. Sometimes vampires are portrayed as very independent (I liked that these vampires weren't like that). They often have families or clans they belong to but this story is a little different. People who are bitten in the story also don't know  whether or not they will be vampires for a few weeks, during that time they go through training and development. They belong to a school. It's fun to watch the vampires learn more about who they are as they discover their strengths and weaknesses in the story. It's a  fun read for a teenage girl. I'll review the other two books in the series next month.

-Kimmy B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment I get!